Sunday, January 4, 2009

Books, boobs and 2009!

Vacation is coming to an end, and it´s time to resume work, and I feel like I´m ready and refilled with energy (sort of…). I have been truanting from my blog lately. One of my resolutions for 2009 is to update my blog more often and to be more critical to what I encounter. I have the intention to move my blog to wordpress or typepad and to give it a full design makeover. During my vacation I have had the time to go through the past blogging year along with things I came across in-between the eating and drinking - and I want to share those things with you. 

I believe that 2009 will be the year where Twitter will make it´s breakthrough in Denmark. It seems that people are ready for microblogging based on recent changes in Facebook behaviour. People have started to understand how to actively use the status updates feature, which is a solid and necessary starting point for the use of Twitter. 

A few days ago I went to a coffee shop, where there was this book on the table written and published by a hopeful amateur author. The book was for free use and the concept - called the book baton - is basically, that you borrow it, read it, and pass it on to a friend. The author further created a Facebook group, where you are able to review the book and read other´s critic. I think it´s a great way of getting your book promoted and to use Facebook in a really useful way. Awesome... 

In Denmark the Fleggaard commercial has been debated heavily, since Michael Arington from Techcrunch nominated it the best commercial ever made. I don´t agree on that part, but I like the exposed breasts and the fact that Fleggaard take advantage of the use of each medium.  TV is used to create excitement and attention towards the online shop and the unedited commercial, where you get to see dozens of topless Danish women among others. Finally, I want to share two great January tracks with you.

The Shortwave Set (Now til 69) and She & Him (Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?)

Happy New Year!

No comments: